Monday, April 14, 2008

On the Move


Perhaps the biggest reason for the blog silence this month has been the quick but exciting turn of events that has us packing our bags and moving to Connecticut in June.

Yes, that's right, from one coast to another...we don't do anything halfway.

James applied, interviewed for, was offered, and accepted a job with Pfizer, all in the span of about three weeks. He has been there twice, and Abby and I flew out over Easter to see Southeastern Connecticut. It's a cute little seaport area with lots of history and good views of the ocean. One of the most recognized nearby towns in Mystic, made famous by the movie "Mysic Pizza."

We are in the midst of planning another house hunting trip in May, putting our condo on the market, finding a doctor to deliver Baby G #2, and many, many, many other details that have to be taken care of in the next two months.

We are very excited about being in the same time zone and closer to family (Southwest Airlines has direct flights to DC, Tampa, and Nashville) and about the opportunities professionally for James. As a principle scientist in Pfizer's imaging department, he will be doing a lot of similar work to what he is doing now, only on the industry side instead of academia, meaning no grant writing, fund raising or general tenure-track stress.

So, if you've been planning to come see Oregon, can we interest you in a trip to beautiful Southern Connecticut? We'll be an hour and a half from Boston and two and a half hours from NYC. We'd love to have visitors, once we find a place to settle ourselves.

More to come...

7 comments:

Amanda said...

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! How exciting! I am so happy for you all that you have this opportunity and that baby #2 is looking well! cannot wait to see you!
aj

Jenny said...

I'm sad I never made it to Portland to visit you, but I'm totally excited about visiting you in the New England area! Hurry and get settled so I can plan my trip!

The Dukes said...

Is she licking that window? If she learned that from Henry, I am so sorry! And when did Abby turn 3??? Geez, she looks all grown up with her cute little bum perched up there on the armrest.

Congrats on the new job James!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I feel like so much has happened for you! It sounds very exciting...
I know we won't be really close, but being only 1 time zone away counts for something!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Congratulations! I'm thrilled to have you guys back on this side of the US. How are your hormones in the midst of all this transition? I'm afraid I would be a wreck! ;) I look forward to hearing about the details as they come together. I love picturing Abby and her baby sister playing together. ;)
Love you guys!

The Rauls Family said...

Somehow I missed this post! I am soo excited for yall. I hope we can catch up soon.

Monogramchick said...

Oh my goodness! I had not read up on your life in awhile and Oh My Goodness! So many exciting changes--moving and baby--holy cow!
So glad you're moving back to the Eastern seaboard...I'll be joining you from the midwest in just 13 months!