Friday, December 14, 2007

Reflections from "Around Here"

And we'll collect the moments one by one
I guess that's how the future's done

-Feist,
Mushaboom

I like the above lines from one of my current favorite artists because it is so easy to just "count" the big events in life--holidays, birthdays, big trips, etc. and forget the everyday "moments" that happen on rainy, dreary days when the car's in the shop and there's nowhere to go.

I am learning to "live in the moment" instead of spending all my time re-living the last great trip or looking forward to the next one. This week I took a few pictures of our adventures "around here."


Abby is fascinated by all the "new toys" that come home from Costco and end up on the kitchen cart. (Mom, you can stop laughing about the number of boxes of ziploc bags I have--it was a great deal!) Anyway, the main reason I posted this picture was so you could see Abby's cute little ponytail. Her hair is getting long and ends up in her face. This one lasted about an hour, which is close to a record for us.


Abby playing with the soccer ball from Uncle Matt and Aunt Marina.


The rain stopped long enough to bundle up and walk across the street to the store for dinner ingredients. Abby could hardly move, but was cozy warm in her new hat and mittens.


One of Abby's favorite "around the house" games is chasing the cat. Most of the action shots were too blurry to post, but this one is funny because Abby thinks Sophie is behind the cart, but instead she sneaked around the bar and is behind her. I think this game lasted for about 15 minutes--great entertainment for all!


The IKEA tunnel has proven to be a favorite around here--especially when mom gets stuck halfway through while trying to get a good shot of Abby.


The best part about being home all day is getting to stay in your pajamas...and finding new "forts" to hide in or under.







2 comments:

The Dukes said...

Great post, Sarah. It's those little moments that will probably make up most of Abby's memories. Can't you just hear her? "Remember that blue tunnel I had that I played with for years? I LOVED that."

Jenny said...

Very sweet. Love the tunnel, might have to get one of those for the J-Man. I wish you had a picture of you stuck halfway in it on this post though:) I could have used a little giggle today!