Thursday, August 23, 2007

Six Months Old!

Yesterday was Abby's six month birthday. I attempted to make a documentary of "a day in the life of Abigail Jane," but only parents and maybe grandparents would be crazy enough to sit through it. For the rest of you, here are some snapshots of a day in the life of a six month old.

Good morning Abby...

Instead of staring up at the Baby Einstein characters, Abby prefers to sit up and look at the green guy eye to eye. She's gotten stable enough to sit by herself without me spotting her, which is very nice.

Bananas and avocados have never been sighted in our household due to James and my dislike of both their textures and tastes...until this week. Now we have to act like they are delicious and mash them up and feed them to the daughter that we love. She can't get enough of them.


Since the bottom teeth arrived, the drool volume has reached unprecedented levels (dark pink part of this outfit). We think the top set are on the way. I am moving on to formula. Enough said.


Still Lovin' the bath



The top rack of our dishwasher is no longer for our glasses. It has been taken over by bowls, bottles, teething toys, pacifiers and cups. In my book, it has now surpassed the bouncy seat as the MVP of our home.


Before Abby was born, my friend Jessica gave me some wise quotes on parenting to put around the house. These two are my favorites:

"When it comes to parenting, we crave mastery; however the art of parenting was never meant to be mastered. It was established to bring about uncertainty, joy, confusion, fear and hope."

-and-

"Feeling personally responsible to do everything right makes us feel anxious, and this anxiety screens out our awareness of God's love and care for our baby."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW. That last one looks like all you. I think she has your hair.

Happy half birthday, Abby Jane!

erin said...

Happy half birthday, Abby! Half birthdays are my most favorite, I hope you enjoy yours!

The Dukes said...

Wow, Abby, you're a super star!!! Two teeth and sitting up by yourself? You are growing up so fast. We're so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Such a cutie! Sarah, I'm so impressed you are finding time to document Abby's life! Way to go! - Although, you would still be a super fantastic mom if you didn't. :) Love ya,
Janna :)

Anonymous said...

no need for that washcloth pumpkin i will lick yourpu-s- nice n clean my daughter loves me doing hers