Monday, October 01, 2007

Eagle Creek

The title of this post could have been "Punch Bowl Falls" which we hear is really beautiful. We were planning to see it, while trying out our new (incredibly good deal) baby backpack on Saturday.

We happily hiked along Eagle Creek for a while, with beautiful scenery and tree branches that looked like "Grinch" fingers. Check out the size of the salmon and trout--unfortunately, most of them were dead.

Then Abby decided she didn't want to be confined to a backpack. Long story short, we made it about 1.5 miles in before the meltdown, then hiked 1.5 miles back out with a screaming passenger. It seemed like 20 miles.

As you can see, when we got back to the car, she was all smiles again...it just wasn't meant to be, I guess. Maybe we'll try some shorter hikes closer to home first, and try again another day.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I feel your pain...parts of our nine hour drive home from STL yesterday seemed like hours themselves...I love seeing all your fun pictures and like the backpack. I wish we lived somewhere we could use one! Miss you guys...Thanks for Jackson's birthday card! Love, Jen

The Dukes said...

That must have been the longest mile! I love how in the parking lot she seems to be thinking, "that was fun, wonder if we'll do that again?" She doesn't know you need to recover first. Love that smile, can't wait to see it in person soon!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! I can't believe how big your little girl is already.:) I'm proud of you guys for even attempting a hike like that with a little one. I'm always amazed at how quickly I forget the screams and attempt crazy travels with our boys. :) Love you guys!

Delta Kelly said...

Hey Sarah! I just found your blog and was SO excited to see pics of you and Abby. Looks like you are doing well. Maybe we will one day be in Lakeland at the same time again - I'd love to see you!
Delta